About Toronto Wireless

Thursday, December 30, 2010

5 reasons to get the BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-300 Bluetooth

Via www.PocketBerry.com
For a little while now, I’ve been using the BlackBerry HS-300 Wireless Headset.  I’m very fond of it at the moment now, more than my other headsets for many reasons.  I’m pretty much wrapped up with the review and will be posting it up here in the next few days, but I thought I’d give you some key reasons why the BlackBerry HS-300 is the headset to choose.  Usually I throw in the price factor, where I didn’t this time since you all know by now that the HS-300 retails for only $49.99.  I saved the 5 reasons for other valuable ones instead :) .  Hit the jump to read the list.
It’s small and compact
The HS-700 is a really nice headset but my biggest issue with it is that it’s way too big.  I’m a fan of the Jawbone ICON which is small and compact.  When the HS-300 launched, I couldn’t believe its size so it definitely attracted my attention.  Some of you may favor it being big, but I think smaller headsets are more “in this season.”
It charges fully in 30 minutes!
Chargining for 15 minutes gives you 2 hours talk time, and 30 minutes gives you 4 hours respectively.  The HS-300 makes it real convenient for a short time charge, making it more possible to have it around with you all day.
Talk time up to 4 hours
Most headsets get this any way so it sounds like no big deal.  But this statistic factors in with the whole 30 minute full charge so it definitely is a plus.
Audible voice prompts
It may not be your cup of tea, but having voice commands through your headset is awesome.  You can perform actions such as checking the battery life where you’ll be told right through the headset how much talk time is left with you current battery charge.
Easy ON/OFF switch
If there’s anything that pisses me off, it’s headsets where you have to hold down a single button for a few seconds to turn it on and off.  The BlackBerry HS-300 gives you a dedicated power key that’s very straight forward: flick one way for on and the other for off.

No comments: