About Toronto Wireless

Monday, June 6, 2011

Free Push to Talk app for BlackBerry – LoudTalks Beta

The other day I stumbled across an app called LoudTalks a push to talk service, that supports Windows devices as well; however, LoudTalks just opened up there services to BlackBerry users and they are currently beta testing.  I’m sure many of you received the chain BBM messages for this one.
I’ve been using the app for a couple days now and so far so good. It’s push to talk and I’ve been able to communicate with people everywhere. You create a user name and set a PTT key. I use my mute button as my PTT key. You can adjust volume, and if the audio is played through the speaker or through the headset.
For those of you not familiar with PTT, it’s Push To Talk. You push a button to communicate with others. It’s just like a walkie talkie.
If you’re interested in giving the app a whirl point your BlackBerry browser to http://loudtalks.com/bb . Remember the app is still in beta so there maybe a few bugs that may have to be worked out

No comments: